Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing?

Thread: Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree with Phantom, I really like my F6B to cruise but if I'm going to travel I'm on my Wing. I rode six laps at Road America last weekend on my Wing and I had a kid come up to me and said he didn't know a Wing could go around corners that fast. Made me feel really good. Now I got to get a new set of pegs.

If I were to replace my F6B for a more purposeful long range touring bike my first stop would be to the BMW dealer. The newly upgraded R1200RT is getting rave reviews. Check it out.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    If I were to replace my F6B for a more purposeful long range touring bike my first stop would be to the BMW dealer. The newly upgraded R1200RT is getting rave reviews. Check it out.

I actually like the looks of the latest 1600GTL, a friend of mine just added this to his stable ...

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I recently bought another "Full Wing" and almost forgot how much I loved it. The F6B is an
    awesome bike, but when I want to take a long trip it's definitely more comfortable on the Wing.
    Like many others I've heard all the crap about it being an "Old Man's Bike", but it's still the
    best bike ever made as for as I'm concerned. I just turned 41 in May and am now on my 4th
    GL1800 (not including the F6B), since the age of 30. So yes I do love this bike!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Whether or not those who own them don't think it's an old mans bike, it IS KNOWN AS an old mans bike!!!

Very few look at a 6 and says 'silverback',,, Full wing??? Yup, old mans bike.

Those that ride 'em may not feel that way, but,,, with the granny chair and all the assorted do-dads,,, folks look at 'em and say 'Look, here comes !', and 99% of the time, THEY ARE RIGHT!!!

Still don't believe me? OK,,, how many 'full wingers' do we have here right now that are too young/don't already have grandkids??? (crickets,,,,)

Nothing 'wrong' with getting older, but GL's are 100% known as old folks bikes and those that ride 'em should expect to be categorized as such.

Whether or not that bothers you is your decision.

I have owned both. The only negative thing about the full wing is, "You will be stopping more often at Dairy Queens"
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe the reason you see more mature people on Wings, BMW Rt and Harley Ultra Classics is they cost over $20,000, most people raising a family can't afford that. By the way before you buy that BMW check out the maintenance cost [ valve adjustment every 6000 Mi.] and good luck if you break down in Kansas or many other states. Dealers are far and few between. The only bad thing about owning a Wing, as far as touring, there is no better bike to step up to.

I'm not far from being an "Old Man". Some mornings I feel like I'm already there!
    I could see a having full Wing in my garage, but it would be difficult giving up my F6B. I'd have to keep both. Sweetie is toying with getting her license. She'd look good driving my "old" F6B... just saying.

The main reason I down/up graded to the 6 is the fact that the full wing I had was constantly wanting to stop for pie!!! I don't care for Pie!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono