klock werks vs baggershield
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: klock werks vs baggershield

klock werks vs baggershield

Has anyone used both? I won't go any taller than either and have no interest in the mastad. My question, how does the 11 inch baggershield at its lowest setting compare to the KW. Simply looking to reduce wind noise a bit. Have the BS and it has helped dramatically from stock but like the look of the KW.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Too many variables involved to be a 'black and white' one size fits all answer.

If you can get the 'flipper' up high enough, it might be a little bit quieter than the 11,,,

Buy it and then you'll know for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Too many variables involved to be a 'black and white' one size fits all answer.

If you can get the 'flipper' up high enough, it might be a little bit quieter than the 11,,,

Buy it and then you'll know for sure!
    if you notice ,most guys buy three or four before they find one that fits them
    good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    if you notice ,most guys buy three or four before they find one that fits them
    good luck!!
    Thanks fellas, from what I've garnered in my review of the windscreen strings, there isn't a simple answer and I pretty much figured I would end up purchasing both and selling one.

Ive had both. Personally I love the Klock Werks... I suppose the baggershield would be for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    Ive had both. Personally I love the Klock Werks... I suppose the baggershield would be for sale.
    Why do you prefer the KW? How tall are you? How do they compare?

Have both

I have both the BS and the KW. I am 6'1 and I have the mustang seat on my bike which lowers you about an inch in the bike. I bought the tall honda shield with vent when I bought the bike, and used it for about 6 months before purchasing the BS, in my opinion the BS looked better than the honda shield but It was a little noisier than the Honda shield. I then won an F4 Customs shield and it offered the best wind and noise protection of any of the shields that I have tried so far, if I were to leave to go across the country I would put the F4 customs shield on without a second thought. The only issue I have with the F4 shield is that with it on the bike I can not tell I am riding a motorcycle, I honestly have ridden in convertibles that had more wind in my face that my bike with the F4 on there. After riding with that shield for a while, I saw the KW and decided one can not have too many shields for this bike and picked one up. When I put the shield on I was happy with the wind management up to about 70 on the interstate, then the wind became a little too much, and the wind noise across the helmet was an issue. I decided to modify the shield and drilled three new holes about an inch lower than the ones that came in the shield and remounted it. That fixed the issue and now the noise does not get bad until about 85 which is a good thing because it lets me know when I am running faster than I should.

So long story short, the KW in stock position did better with wind and noise management than the BS in the 11" setting. Raising the KW an inch makes it exactly what I am looking for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by scottydi View Post
    I have both the BS and the KW. I am 6'1 and I have the mustang seat on my bike which lowers you about an inch in the bike. I bought the tall honda shield with vent when I bought the bike, and used it for about 6 months before purchasing the BS, in my opinion the BS looked better than the honda shield but It was a little noisier than the Honda shield. I then won an F4 Customs shield and it offered the best wind and noise protection of any of the shields that I have tried so far, if I were to leave to go across the country I would put the F4 customs shield on without a second thought. The only issue I have with the F4 shield is that with it on the bike I can not tell I am riding a motorcycle, I honestly have ridden in convertibles that had more wind in my face that my bike with the F4 on there. After riding with that shield for a while, I saw the KW and decided one can not have too many shields for this bike and picked one up. When I put the shield on I was happy with the wind management up to about 70 on the interstate, then the wind became a little too much, and the wind noise across the helmet was an issue. I decided to modify the shield and drilled three new holes about an inch lower than the ones that came in the shield and remounted it. That fixed the issue and now the noise does not get bad until about 85 which is a good thing because it lets me know when I am running faster than I should.

So long story short, the KW in stock position did better with wind and noise management than the BS in the 11" setting. Raising the KW an inch makes it exactly what I am looking for right now.
    Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm stubborn about the aesthetics and won't even raise the BS up above 11. I prefer the look of the KW but would only consider purchasing if it would be equal to our an improvement over the BS at 11.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    To build on Scotty's comments,,, 1 shield may not be the answer for each type of riding in each season either,,,

Startin to get pretty warm here in TX,,, Wife and I are experimenting,,, We pulled the outside shields off the Madstads and ran just the bases today. (Base is just an inch or so taller than OEM sheld)

The extra air blast was appreciated while be-boppin around town, or during a slow lazy putt out in the country, , but superslab speeds on the beltway in full traffic pretty much sucked,,, The 'stad will be back on if we do any ~serious~ riding.

BS over KW.

I'm 6' with the standard seat and started with the KW in very early spring and it was too much air, and wearing a full faced helmet made it even worse. I thought about modifying it some as I've seen in a couple of posts but never did. I'm now running the BS and other than the split color look the wind is just right to hear the radio and still have a little blowing over the chrome dome.

Alternatives to mounting the KW for extra height.
    1. Drill new holes lower and use a fender washer on the middle hole. There was quite a bit of debate on structural integrity.
    2. Drill matching holes in the stock window and mount the KW, BS style. This one I'm more interested in if it can be pulled off without looking like crap. I'd like to see pictures first.