Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 21
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yep, noticed that. The interference is small however so I'm not really concerned about it nor have I taken any steps to modify it. If you figure out the exact cause and remedy, definitely put up a post about it. If it's a quick fix, I may consider it.
    Ya... I'm going to see if I can find some chalk and mark the raised area of the speaker ring; so I can see exactly where it is interfering with the inside of the console when I am replacing that. I want it flush and completely seated.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I had the same problem because at first I didn't cut anything and just pushed it in. I had a buddy(my arm is in a sling) cut the areas that needed cutting and it went back together great. Maybe you just didn't cut enough? He cut maybe 2 to 2 1/2 inches off each area. It should fit fall right into place if you cut enough

Like others here that have lost the nut that holds the speaker in place you can buy the grommet that holds the nut from Honda to fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    I had the same problem because at first I didn't cut anything and just pushed it in. I had a buddy(my arm is in a sling) cut the areas that needed cutting and it went back together great. Maybe you just didn't cut enough? He cut maybe 2 to 2 1/2 inches off each area. It should fit fall right into place if you cut enough
    No, I cut off the left and right side areas.... but the bottom portion needs a little trimming too... from what I have deduced so far.

Like others here that have lost the nut that holds the speaker in place you can buy the grommet that holds the nut from Honda to fix the problem
    All of my nuts are intact.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

JM Speaker thread

I bent the lower left of my left speaker basket at the area the snap was, 1" slightly. The right side snapped on no trouble.
    Make sure your speakers are mounted in the orientation I showed in a picture.

Earlier in this thread, I showed fender nuts and wall anchor combination I used after the oem speaker nuts came off.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Put some pollyfill in the baffles and you won't loose any next time. The polyfill saved my butt 2 times already.

Here is a site where you can order them from. Looks like EBay may have some of the parts cheaper.

#23 (Honda part number 90111-kw3-003) looks like the nut before it is scrunched up after the first use.

HTH

Attachment 19908

Attachment 19907

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...55488sch791027

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...1-KW3-003.html

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempa...wl-setting-5mm

http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/p/h...wl-setting-5mm

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yep, noticed that. The interference is small however so I'm not really concerned about it nor have I taken any steps to modify it. If you figure out the exact cause and remedy, definitely put up a post about it. If it's a quick fix, I may consider it.
    So I just finished trimming the JBL speaker(s) again.... besides the areas I initially Dremeled out (outlined in GREEN) I now just finished removing the raised lip area (outlined in RED) by bending it down lightly with pliers, and using tin snips to remove it. This was the area of the speaker's outer metal ring that was keeping the main instrument console cover from seating properly:

(Original picture below borrowed)

Now the main instrument console cover fits CORRECTLY and without any gaps. Just how I like it.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    So I just finished trimming the JBL speaker(s) again.... besides the areas I initially Dremeled out (outlined in GREEN) I now just finished removing the raised lip area (outlined in RED) by bending it down lightly with pliers, and using tin snips to remove it. This was the area of the speaker's outer metal ring that was keeping the main instrument console cover from seating properly:

(Original picture below borrowed)

Now the main instrument console cover fits CORRECTLY and without any gaps. Just how I like it.

Glad you got yours to fit.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

For anyone who hasn't dug in; metal nibblers are the bomb for this type of modding work.
    Here's an amazon link but you can probably get them many other places. http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-...YVPGRNMZMB023A

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    For anyone who hasn't dug in; metal nibblers are the bomb for this type of modding work.
    Here's an amazon link but you can probably get them many other places. http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-...YVPGRNMZMB023A
    That is an interesting tool. I did not know that it existed.

Dremeling these speakers with a cut off wheel certainly can be a little messy; with all of the shavings adhering due to magnetism if you don't wrap the speaker up to prevent such. That is why I opted for the tin snips this second time around... was much cleaner. Though I wish I had one of those nibbler tools now...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537