Kuryakyn ISO grip installation

Thread: Kuryakyn ISO grip installation

Kuryakyn ISO grip installation

Is it an easy instal? Any tips or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Check the following thread starting with post 18, there is some good info there (zip ties and tapping with SS screws):

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...light=Kuryakyn

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Check the following thread starting with post 18, there is some good info there (zip ties and tapping with SS screws):

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...light=Kuryakyn
    thanks

Had them installed

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I watched they guys at the Honda deralership monkey around with these new grips for 40 minutes. Decided it was well worth the coin to have Honda mechanics install them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stable:
    2006 Honda ST1300 (Black)
    2007 Thunder Mountain "Keystone" Chopper (Black)
    2014 HD Street Glide (Black)
    2014 Honda F6B (Black)

(previous 3 Goldwings, 2 Valkyries, 1 Road King)

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I know one thing, you better not screw around when you put them on...that glue stuff they give ya sets up FAST!!!!!

Live and learn.

Installed the Kuryakan grips.. twice, actually. The first time I did it wrong and had to destroy the grips getting them off.

First off, cutting the factory grips off was very easy. They cut easily with a razor blade and its not hard to peal them off. The glue was easy to remove as well.

Before my first attempt, I watched 3 youtube videos where the glue was applied to the handle bar and then the grip was inserted onto the bar. This is wrong! What happened to me was that the grip snowplowed the glue forward up the bar and I had a large wad of glue at the end of the grip. This would have locked my throttle to the brake handle housing if I continued. I stopped for two seconds and wiped the glue away and in that two seconds the glue solidified and my grip was two inches from its proper position. DAMN!

I called the company and they said that they had an install video on their site. Wish I knew that before. In that vid, they placed the glue inside the grip not on the handle bar. I called tech support to get more info. They said to put all of the glue (one small tube for each grip) in the first ½-inch or so of the grip, around the entire circumference. As the grip is pushed and rotated onto the bar, the glue will spread along the entire bar. Second install was perfect. Done right, the whole process takes 10 minutes.

Tip 1 – Put the grips on the bar without glue to see how you want them positioned. Looks best if both grips are in the same position. Mark a piece of masking tape on both the bike and the grips so you know how to align them during install.

Tip 2 - The glue dries in just a few seconds. Practice inserting the grip onto the bar and twisting it to get it lined up a few times. You can rotate the grip on the clutch side in both directions but you can only rotate the throttle side clockwise as the throttle moves counter clockwise.

Love the grips!