Buffeting

Thread: Buffeting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everyone that has a Mastad (sp) seems to love it, but I really don’t like the looks. I recently put a Clearview SportTour, Medium Height, Dark, Recurve, with vent on my bike and I love it. I have it at the highest position and the air flows just over the top of my helmet. I do have Baker Mirror Wings also. I’m about 6’ and am riding on the stock seat.

And it looks GREAT and the quality is a 10. No good pictures yet but I will post a few when I get a chance to take them.

My real evaluation will be in early May, a 7-day trip to eastern Arizona and western New Mexico, probably just over 2k miles that week. I did get in a 240 mile ride the other day and I really liked how it performed.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 04-02-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Everyone that has a Mastad (sp) seems to love it, but I really don’t like the looks. I recently put a Clearview SportTour, Medium Height, Dark, with vent on my bike and I love it. I have it at the highest position and the air flows just over the top of my helmet. I do have Baker Mirror Wings also. I’m about 6’ and am riding on the stock seat.

And it looks GREAT and the quality is a 10. No good pictures yet but I will post a few when I get a chance to take them.

My real evaluation will be in early May, a 7-day trip to eastern Arizona and western New Mexico, probably just over 2k miles that week. I did get in a 240 mile ride the other day and I really liked how it performed.
    I used to look 'thru' windshields ... my Valkyrie, etc. ... then after deciding to wear a helmet on a regular basis, I decided I didn't need to be looking thru an additional sheet of plastic.
    SO, when I replace my Valk windshield, I went with a Clearview. But, short enough that I could look OVER it. I worked great. The wind was deflected over my helmet and I didn't have to be as concerned with a bug covered windshield to look thru.

When I bought my '15 F6B, I immediately went to Clearview. They had a 're-curve', lightly tinted, at a height I could look over the top that works perfect. NO BUFFETING!
    I've put over 10,000 miles on it since the purchase and would not consider anything else.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    I used to look 'thru' windshields ... my Valkyrie, etc. ... then after deciding to wear a helmet on a regular basis, I decided I didn't need to be looking thru an additional sheet of plastic.
    SO, when I replace my Valk windshield, I went with a Clearview. But, short enough that I could look OVER it. I worked great. The wind was deflected over my helmet and I didn't have to be as concerned with a bug covered windshield to look thru.

When I bought my '15 F6B, I immediately went to Clearview. They had a 're-curve', lightly tinted, at a height I could look over the top that works perfect. NO BUFFETING!
    I've put over 10,000 miles on it since the purchase and would not consider anything else.

Just my opinion.
    Forgot to include that mine has the "recurve" also. I also look over the windshield, not through it.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic