POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 20

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

I'm the second owner of my B. Called American Honda and they said I need no paperwork to have the recall done. Called my local dealer and they told me the same thing. Just need to schedule an appointment.

No Brake Recall Service for Me!

Well, I tried - twice - to get this service done.

The first time, they lost my appointment (May 20th).

Today, when I arrived, my appointment was canceled!

This is the Dealer who bent a rotor one time and then gouged my chrome rim on my Valk another time. Both while changing a tire.

I have really been dreading getting this done. I'm taking it as a sign. No recall service for me. I'll takes my chances.

BTW - R & S Honda on Wyoming.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

This is the Dealer who bent a rotor one time and then gouged my chrome rim on my Valk another time. Both while changing a tire.

I have really been dreading getting this done. I'm taking it as a sign. No recall service for me. I'll takes my chances.

Sorry to hear your dealer sucks but I would rethink not doing it as if your brakes lock up it's no fun.Mine locked up on the rear and lucky me I was 8 Miles from my local dealer.The tech at Reno Honda that did mine was great.He has done over 100 recalls and I must say after the work was done my brakes feel better then when I picked up the bike new.Not all Honda dealers suck-find one you can live with and get this done for your own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

i understand how you feel,I had mine done it took the dealership 2 months though I told them I had another bike to ride.The thing that bugs me the most is that I now find out they let my bike sit outside for the whole time,I am still trying to dry out my seat plus polishing surface rust off passenger floor boards plus replacing a couple ram mount screws because of rust.I keep my bike clean and polished kept in garage plus bring cover for trips,it just pisses me off they left my bike out plus it cost them a $9,000 dirtbike sale.I bought the bike I was going to buy local from them 75 miles away for the same amount because the thought of my bike just sitting out pisses me off,I will never do business with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by robrm250 View Post
    i understand how you feel,I had mine done it took the dealership 2 months though I told them I had another bike to ride.The thing that bugs me the most is that I now find out they let my bike sit outside for the whole time,I am still trying to dry out my seat plus polishing surface rust off passenger floor boards plus replacing a couple ram mount screws because of rust.I keep my bike clean and polished kept in garage plus bring cover for trips,it just pisses me off they left my bike out plus it cost them a $9,000 dirtbike sale.I bought the bike I was going to buy local from them 75 miles away for the same amount because the thought of my bike just sitting out pisses me off,I will never do business with them again.
    That scenario would've pissed me off as well. Hope you let them know they lost your business with the dirt bike purchase.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Finally got it done at 69,540 miles. Everything was working fine before and after service. Did not realize how involved the process was though. Great dealer service: "Champions Honda" Cocoa FL

Quote Originally Posted by robrm250 View Post
    Wow, that really sucks!!

It's like taking our bikes into the Dealer is the same as leaving them in Biker Prison. Where the Warden and inmates can do what they want with it. And the Warden at R & S Honda is a bad one.

Still no recall work for me. I'll just change the fluid periodically. My bike is still a virgin, and doesn't want to go to prison.
    Albuquerque, NM

Since my bike died and it's in for that repair I decided to let them do the recall. I told them I was reluctant to have it done for the reasons all listed here and it's working flawlessly but they said it was best to get it done since Honda did notify me it placed the responsibility back on me if anything went wrong. I will report back when its back in my hands.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That scenario would've pissed me off as well. Hope you let them know they lost your business with the dirt bike purchase.
    they will know when they see me at the Sera enduro this weekend and yes it does feel like I left my bike at biker prison and it was abused not that you mention it.

I had the recall done in June I think. While there were no loose or missing parts and the schedule was met I first noticed a chattering feel when the rears were applied. That went along with a clunk or bump occasionally when both brakes were applied.( I mean it clunked occasionally,I use both brakes most of the time)
    I took it back,they cleaned the rears remove and spray the pads (which looked good,still fat and not glazed) and I thought it was good. Then I take a ride to Billings and the clunking (occasionally) is back. It feels like it is coming from the front of the bike.
    I hate to have to keep bugging them but this is about brakes.
    I also saw a post in the Wing World magazine this month in the tech Q&A and the advice was simply to take it back.
    Any ideas on this? It seems I have seen this issue mentioned before .Bike had no problems before the recall work other than the rears squealed when they were used heavily and got hot.