My general delima with two nice seats??

Thread: My general delima with two nice seats??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Been spending a lot of time on both seats and so far it looks like the Ultimate is going to be the keeper. I have two long rides this weekend and I'm going to try both seats, one on each day then one will be sold because I don't need three seats. The Corbin is a real nice seat but the problem for me is my height, the Corbin set's a little lower than the stock seat so I think it's for "short legged" people.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Does that Corbin move you any further from or closer to the bars? I could maybe tolerate a bit lower, but don't want my reach changed.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Does that Corbin move you any further from or closer to the bars? I could maybe tolerate a bit lower, but don't want my reach changed.
    To me I would say no, the reach feels the same as the stock seat but as anybody would tell you seats are very subjective. Ft. Wayne is close so your more than welcome to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    To me I would say no, the reach feels the same as the stock seat but as anybody would tell you seats are very subjective. Ft. Wayne is close so your more than welcome to try it out.
    Yeah, I found Eaton on the map,not far at all. Thanks for the "tryout" offer, let me "noodle" on that a bit and possibly get back with you. I know that buyers of used items can't be too picky, but I'm just not sure about the stitching pattern on your Corbin. I'll continue to look at it but if you manage to sell it to someone else, that's fine too. I've had Corbins, Ultimates, and RDL on other bikes, so I'm still thinking this out. Right now, the stock seat with an Air Hawk pad or Bead rider works pretty well.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    The one I sat on definitely moved me forward. I felt like at least an inch if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    The one I sat on definitely moved me forward. I felt like at least an inch if not more.
    I bought the Corbin used so I would have to call Corbin with the "build number" to find out the specs but this one is geared towards a tall guy. I have now spent all day Saturday on the Corbin and almost all day sunday on the Ultimate and I think the keeper for me is going to be the Corbin! Sorry guy's but the Corbin would let me ride until I needed gas (200+ miles) and the Ultimate had some butt burn around 130 miles in. Every butt and every seat is different so results vary but I know what my butt likes. Looks like the Ultimate might be going up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I bought the Corbin used so I would have to call Corbin with the "build number" to find out the specs but this one is geared towards a tall guy. I have now spent all day Saturday on the Corbin and almost all day sunday on the Ultimate and I think the keeper for me is going to be the Corbin! Sorry guy's but the Corbin would let me ride until I needed gas (200+ miles) and the Ultimate had some butt burn around 130 miles in. Every butt and every seat is different so results vary but I know what my butt likes. Looks like the Ultimate might be going up for sale.
    Unfortunate my Ultimate Seat has the same problem. I have been thinking about calling Ultimate about the problem because the foam seems to be bottoming out and it feels like I am sitting on the pan after a while. I am not a big person so not really sure why the seat foam would bottom out. But I really have been thinking about looking for a new seat if they cannot do anything for me.

Since this thread is floating around again i'll update it.... I am now riding with a custom Hartco seat that was built to my height and weight and I can easily do 400/500 miles a day now. The Corbin was a nice seat but my issue was needing to be higher up on the bike, at 6'4" tall I needed leg room!