rear rack for f6b - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rear rack for f6b

rear rack

good idea on flipping the rack forwards and backwards. i am cutting out two different racks and sizes. i will look into that, would have to have new mount for factory back rest, because it will not line up correctly when installed on top of rack, angles are wrong. thanks for the input dale

Make sure that the rack that faces your back has very blunt edges. I have seen this done by a local rider about 30 years ago. He used a cut down scoop shovel that had a hinge that was welded onto the rear facing rack. When folded, the device nested over the tubular rear facing rack and was useable in the folded position. When deployed/unfolded it covered most of the passenger seat and provided an additional large rack area. It was somewhat crude but effective.

The catch to this was when he got rear ended by a drunk driver while stopped at a light. The deployed forward facing racks sharp leading edge cut deeply into his lower back/buttocks. While he survived this, trust me, don't design anything that has sharp edges or that can impale you.

Everyone ride safe, ride far!

rack and back rest

working on the back rest to fit my rack. does anyone have any input as to what height and angle the back rest should be? i am making the back rest slide with, about two inches of up and down movement with the bolts that hold the back pad on. has anyone had a passenger on for a day, what do they think? i am also trying to make it slide front to rear about two inches. any input would be appreciated. thanks dale

rear rack

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post
    This is a new rear rack that i make for the f6b, it is 3/16 aluminum plate, can be powder coated any color.

The rack with spacers is $200.00 U.S. you also have to have the honda mounting kit for the passenger back rest, that part is $100.00 in black or red.

Powder coating is about 30.00 us thanks dale

i have a few of these racks if anyone would like one, i can also make you one any size you would like.

i can also supply bags to fit, this bag is bolted to the rack, with four bolts and can be easily removed. and no way it can fall off, and hard to steal. dale

Is that an XKE, or a Porsche 911 in the garage ?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Dale donated one of these racks for our first annual Rally, unfortunately it arrived after I had departed for the event.

We will have it at the event next year for one lucky F6B owner.

I have opened the package and it is beautifully made. Dale also included HONDA OEM parts to make the plate fit like an OEM accessory.

Dale can you please explain what is included in the package. Thanks P6B

e type

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Is that an XKE, or a Porsche 911 in the garage ?
    it is a 1968 e type, 300 hp every thing is rebuild other then paint.

rear rack

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    Dale donated one of these racks for our first annual Rally, unfortunately it arrived after I had departed for the event.

We will have it at the event next year for one lucky F6B owner.

I have opened the package and it is beautifully made. Dale also included HONDA OEM parts to make the plate fit like an OEM accessory.

Dale can you please explain what is included in the package. Thanks P6B
    the rack is 3/16 5052 aluminum plate, powder coated, comes with all hard ware to mount on all both models of f6b. bolts are stainless, with washers, long spacers for standard f6b, and short spacers for deluxe models, with long and short bolts. with the honda mounting plate, and both red and black inserts. the rack has allot of places to hook straps, and bags can be bolted to rack to make them secure. thanks dale

it is a 1968 e type, 300 hp every thing is rebuild other then paint.
    Looks like a 2+2?

rack

i have a few of these racks if anyone would like one, i can also make you one any size you would like.

i can also supply bags to fit, this bag is bolted to the rack, with four bolts and can be easily removed. and no way it can fall off, and hard to steal. dale
    Racks are now 175.00 includes powder coating and shipping in the us.