When does your season end - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When does your season end

Season never ends in Phoenix. Ride north all summer and south all winter. (Going to Tombstone today)

But that doesn't stop people from complaining. "It's too hot, it's too cold"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! .batman-smiley.

Season for riding comfortably in this part of California (inland) is 330 days-per-year. The other 35 days are spent waiting for improved conditions. Coastal California is 365 days-per-year but $ spent for housing is multiplied by 3.1416

Pretty much done here in Michigan for the season...Maybe an occasional ride if the streets are clear....Usually put the bike up from mid-December until end of March...."Sucks" but otherwise Michigan is an okay place to live.......

season?

here in ga. , motorcyclist can ride all year with decent gear in winter for the most part. the Harleys "re-emerge" in winter with a warm snap

Riding Season

As long as there is no rain or ice out, I'll be on the bike, here in Hampton Roads. Last year was not too bad. I only wore my 3/4 helmet three days. I usually wear my 1/2 helmet.

Rode today in MA.

45 is my normal limit, 40 on occasion

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Typically July-August is a good time to stay inside here.
    Prime time now,,,

The plan is to ride all year. Daily commute to work.

Here in Northern Alabama you can ride year round though it can get cold. Good cold weather gear is necessary and heated gear is nice but not needed always. I do have Gerbing Hybrid Gloves which are nice on the F6B (and mandatory on the Hayabusa). January and February can be from low 20's to 50's...need to watch out for black ice.
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

NorCal Riding is all year round

I personally prefer the cooler days of Spring and Fall for riding my KTM RC8R Akra as the gumballs stick better and I don't need to wear anything under my armored suit but the rest of the year the F6B is perfect most days although I do swap out the stock windscreen for the small Cee Bailey opaque number in the summer. I am happiest in the coastal roads between Pt Reyes and Napa but Sonoma County farm country has recently gotten some super smooth new 2 lane blacktop that is like heaven on the big 6. This bike makes almost any ride memorable. I am lovin' it as Micky Dee says. Only thing that could be more fun is riding naked.