Just how good is your F6B? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just how good is your F6B?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Other than my 1999 Valkyrie Tourer, I have not kept a bike as long as my current 2013 F6B purchased in late 2013..Got it set up with all I need and have no plans to look at another bike for now, or maybe never...Runs great, no issues, fast, smooth, comfortable, etc.,etc. and I only have 13,800 miles on it as I don't ride as much as I would like to due to my wife's health issues....Perhaps the day will come when I might look at the market, maybe the 2018 F6B..but as I will be 78 years old soon my riding days are numbered....so I probably will never see 90,000 miles on this bike, but glad to know how reliable they can be....Regards and ride safe
    Opa, whatever you're doing keep doing it! We should be so lucky to reach 78 and still ride on 2 wheels! To you sir!
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Not "good" - "GREAT!!!"

Isleen is amazing by herself.
    Just sitting, waiting, in all her black beauty.
    Underneath, her flat 6 and Traxxion suspension wait for their cue.
    Turn her on and her light show is awesome and she purrs in anxious anticipation.
    Together we are a match made by the riding gods.
    We enjoy each other and showing off each other.

...and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Hi Drive Jehu;

Best bike I ever owned...handles like a Mini, rides like a Cadillac! I have ridden this bike further in one day than any other in my riding life. 1070 miles in 16 1/2 hours with no intention to do this at start up, it just happened! One of those days where " I can do a few more miles, it's still early..." Next thing I knew I was only 4 hours from home. No sense stopping now!

Kasperwing wrote;
    "At 64 now, realizing that my skills will never be what they were, and to go down now, it will be much harder to heal... so doing everything to be safe makes so much sense!""

This is exactly how I feel and why I'm an ATGATT rider. At 70 Bohn Armor, Kevlar reinforced pants and jacket, modular helmet, gloves and riding boots are my best bet against a survivable crash that will end my riding.

All that and a great handling and comfortable bike sure make for a great ride!

WEG

Smile Love it when that happens...

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Hi Drive Jehu;

Best bike I ever owned...handles like a Mini, rides like a Cadillac! I have ridden this bike further in one day than any other in my riding life. 1070 miles in 16 1/2 hours with no intention to do this at start up, it just happened! One of those days where " I can do a few more miles, it's still early..." Next thing I knew I was only 4 hours from home. No sense stopping now!

Kasperwing wrote;
    "At 64 now, realizing that my skills will never be what they were, and to go down now, it will be much harder to heal... so doing everything to be safe makes so much sense!""

This is exactly how I feel and why I'm an ATGATT rider. At 70 Bohn Armor, Kevlar reinforced pants and jacket, modular helmet, gloves and riding boots are my best bet against a survivable crash that will end my riding.

All that and a great handling and comfortable bike sure make for a great ride!

WEG

I know the feeling. Rode to a BMW rally some 1500 miles from home. Took 3 days to get there.
    ....... a day later, soon time to go home. There was a bloke there that pissed me off. Rather than going to jail, I packed my shit and started riding. The year was 1994, and I was on a 1994 BMW R1100RS. Rode and rode and road. Kept saying a little more. Stopped every 2.5 to 3 hrs for a small bite, and gas. 1,382 miles and 22.40 hours later I was home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
    I know the feeling. Rode to a BMW rally some 1500 miles from home. Took 3 days to get there.
    ....... a day later, soon time to go home. There was a bloke there that pissed me off. Rather than going to jail, I packed my shit and started riding. The year was 1994, and I was on a 1994 BMW R1100RS. Rode and rode and road. Kept saying a little more. Stopped every 2.5 to 3 hrs for a small bite, and gas. 1,382 miles and 22.40 hours later I was home.
    I have mentioned this before...I do not seem to be built for such extended periods of riding. Today, I rode 275 miles from my camp to Old Forge, and back on the NYS Thruway. My butt was getting sore every hour or so, to the point where I could go on but wanted to stop, stretch, to keep the ride enjoyable. I was glad to pull in the garage at 6:00pm, after starting my riding day at 11:30am.

My first 100 miles - no problem - after that, I feel the need to stop every 50 miles or so (perhaps every 80 miles on Interstate travel). All I need is a five minute break and I am good to go again.

I know guys that ride around the country, and have 500-600 mile days; I am afraid to go with them because I will either drive them nuts stopping every hour or be miserable except for the first couple of hours or so.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I have mentioned this before...I do not seem to be built for such extended periods of riding. Today, I rode 275 miles from my camp to Old Forge, and back on the NYS Thruway. My butt was getting sore every hour or so, to the point where I could go on but wanted to stop, stretch, to keep the ride enjoyable. I was glad to pull in the garage at 6:00pm, after starting my riding day at 11:30am.

My first 100 miles - no problem - after that, I feel the need to stop every 50 miles or so (perhaps every 80 miles on Interstate travel). All I need is a five minute break and I am good to go again.

I know guys that ride around the country, and have 500-600 mile days; I am afraid to go with them because I will either drive them nuts stopping every hour or be miserable except for the first couple of hours or so.
    The AirHawk seat pad is what you seek. I have had it for 2 years and 27,000 miles. Just visited the Black Hills - 1380 miles in 4 days - NO problems. An added bonus is that in hot weather, it not only helps prevent monkey-butt, it is also ventilated - which keeps the boys nice and cool.

Best bike I've ever owned!

Purchased my 2016 F6B Deluxe in Feb of 2017. Pretty cold for a ride home here in Minnesota. Will have about 8000 miles on mine when I put it away....unless the snow holds off then maybe some more. I LOVE this bike. I've added a few extras like a Tall windscreen, LED fog lights, Mustang seat, Kuryakyn Mini boards for the driver, Kyryakyn Transformer floorboards for my passenger, Adjustable mount for the back rest, 12v powerpoint, GlPro shift indicator, Kuryakyn glove box drink holder, and of course a Kuryakyn cell phone holder. I have plans for some custom projects during the snowy months. Tail light & signal modifications for more rear visibility for one. Next season: MORE MILES!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
    Just one? At a BMW rally?
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

It's so good that I rode today in the cold. It was a warm 9 Celsius or 50 ish in your slang. Best investment so far has been heated grips, heated seat and the sheep skin. Here are a couple of today's pics;

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post

How about you, has your 6 exceeded your expectations? Maybe you broke the 50 mpg barrier? I'd like to hear how you did it. Iron butt ride plus some? Just how far did you go in a day on a 6? So you raced on the Isle of Man in the TT with your Fturob6B and I missed it? Post up your race footage. How good is your F6B?
    I can wipe this sucker down in 5 minutes and it is completely clean.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537