Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
I think this paint issues thread is pretty much "dead in the water"...Some claim the paint is lousy, others have no issues...I am fairly sure Honda has moved on from the initial complaints, which obviously is of no comfort to those that still have some problems with the paint coming off, pitting, etc. etc.. Fortunately for me I had mine custom painted before purchase as my wife did not like the stock red or black offered in 2013 and I have no complaints...I suppose those that have continued paint issues, can continue to deal with it, keep applying LG and hope for the best....The only other logical options I see at this point, is trade, or sell, the bike for another...Not an answer some may want but what are any other choices at this point??
Opas,

I am in the same situation as you. But I am still outraged by the piss poor quality of the factory paint. I feel the frustration of everyone here that has the issue. It is a fine machine other than this problem. The fact that I/we paid 20K for a bike with such poor paint to me is unacceptable.
However, Honda wont do anything about it other than replace a few panels for those that scream the loudest with the same piss poor paint.
I also painted mine but I shouldn't have to do all the work or pay to get a bike painted due to this shit! I just couldn't accept looking at mine in stock form. I will say I will not own another, and have told Honda that. But my little purchase from a major corporation wont make a difference...