Well I got my Mustang Deluxe seat in yesterday, was sure it was going to be a simple 30 minute seat swap (I've owned many bikes and swapped many seats over the years) and then out for a ride to enjoy the spoils.....................NOPE!
Backrest/rear rack off; check, seat removed; check, slide Mustang seat into place; check, install left side grab rail; well after about an hour, using screw drivers to align and anti-seize on the bolts to help lubricate (i.e. not strip) I FINALLY got the left side on, checked bag release, all is good. On to the other side, I was able to get the front bolt started...........BUT for the life of me I could not get the rear bolt to align & grab the bag release knob! Seat pan just seems too wide at bag release knob.
After MUCH I decided it was time to quite for the night. I'll take my meds today before I go for round two............at least while researching the seat install here I know I'm not alone. I just hope I have the same experience, after I get some miles on the seat, with the ease of removal/re-install.