iPhone 6 compatibility
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6 compatibility

iPhone 6 compatibility

I've been using my iPhone 4s successfully for quite some time as I prefer using Pandora to provide music.

I just replaced my iPhone 4s with an iPhone 6, and lo and behold, it does not work.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Are you using the USB jack or the 1/8" stereo jack?

When you say use what exactly are you referring to? I use a Bluetooth flash receiver with a earplug jack for the left cubby Input. This way I can Bluetooth Pandora to the left jack, ipod classic in left saddlebag, and FM on bike. gives me 3 options. I am using a iPhone 5S and yes I run Pandora on the iPhone.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    When you say use what exactly are you referring to? I use a Bluetooth flash receiver with a earplug jack for the left cubby Input. This way I can Bluetooth Pandora to the left jack, ipod classic in left saddlebag, and FM on bike. gives me 3 options. I am using a iPhone 5S and yes I run Pandora on the iPhone.
    I use the USB. I ran a USB to the glovebox and powered and controlled my iphone 4S from the USB and handlebar controls. When I switched the radio to AUX, the ipod icon would appear on the display, and everything was cool.

When I plug the iPhone 6 in, the display stays on AUX, the USB icon comes on, but no audio comes through.

I have the I Phone 6 and have had no troubles at all... Bluetooth with Pandora is fine !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have the I Phone 6 and have had no troubles at all... Bluetooth with Pandora is fine !!!
    Does the F6B radio have Bluetooth? I liked the USB because the whole time I was riding, the phone would be charging.

Cool

The bike no..... look up LG Tone I feel the best for a bike and helmet !!!

http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-To...g+tone+hbs+730

Don't buy one w/o a box...there are knock offs on Amazon...or go to Best Buy, show them on your phone a pic of the Tone w/ Prime on Amazon and they will price match! That way you know you are getting a good one.....my son got stuck with a after market and it did not last long!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ken - I have to start somewhere so don't get offended please. You do know there are two AUX positions? Because you did not state that, wait you said you had a usb symbol. So Just to check the phone since you have it in the cubby plug it into the stereo jack and see if that works.

Does f6b have Bluetooth - kind of, you can add it. Take a power source in the left cubby buy a usb Bluetooth receiver with a stereo jack and plug your stereo jack into it. Tell your iPhone to search for it and connect. Listen to Pandy all day long.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I found out that using a non-supported usb, charging cable, my iPhone 5S would tell me it was not supported after some 30 minutes and no charging, nothing. I may be out in left field but you are using the Apple cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Ken - I have to start somewhere so don't get offended please. You do know there are two AUX positions? Because you did not state that, wait you said you had a usb symbol. So Just to check the phone since you have it in the cubby plug it into the stereo jack and see if that works.

Does f6b have Bluetooth - kind of, you can add it. Take a power source in the left cubby buy a usb Bluetooth receiver with a stereo jack and plug your stereo jack into it. Tell your iPhone to search for it and connect. Listen to Pandy all day long.
    Ha Haaa! No offense taken

...previously:

iPhone 4s

1. I could plug the USB end of my iPhone4s into the F6B USB receptacle, and I would hit the AUX button on the F6B radio. When I did that, the word iPod would appear on the F6B screen display. This mode allowed me to control the iPhone (I could skip songs forward or reverse, etc). The beauty of this mode is the phone charges the whole time u r playing music.

2. I could also plug the F6B USB RCA plug into the headphone out plug on my iPhone4s. I would hit the AUX button on the F6B radio. When I did that, the USB symbol would appear on the F6B screen display. This mode allowed me to control the iPhone volume only. There is no controlling the phone (obviously, because your radio input was strictly iPhone audio out). The disadvantage to this mode is obviously no song control, and the phone does NOT charge while playing music.

iPhone 6

1. When I plug the USB end of my iPhone6 into the F6B USB receptacle, and hit the AUX button on the F6B radio, the word iPod does NOT appear on the F6B screen display. Instead, I get the USB symbol, and NOTHING happens. NO iPhone music.

2. I could also plug the F6B USB RCA plug into the headphone out plug on my iPhone 6. Operation is identical to that of #2 under iPhone 4s.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I now have 2 options (in my opinion, barring any fixes or solutions from you guys)

1. I will install a cigarette lighter receptacle in my glovebox, power the iPhone 6 through that, and use the headphone out jack on the iPhone 6 and play through the AUX with no song control, but continual charging while playing.

2. I ordered a conversion plug to convert the lightning cable (iPhone 5 & 6) to the 30 pin iPhone 4 cable. Maybe it'll work, maybe not.