Paint issue questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint issue questions

I rode mine through a small tropical storm with mud and road film into the night 100 miles of bugs . It's quite a mess. 4 days later I had shoulder surgery so its been sitting in the Garage with all this dried crud on it for 9 weeks . I'm not sure what I will find once I'm able to wash it...Not going to worry about it. What ever it is, there you are............................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I rode mine through a small tropical storm with mud and road film into the night 100 miles of bugs . It's quite a mess. 4 days later I had shoulder surgery so its been sitting in the Garage with all this dried crud on it for 9 weeks . I'm not sure what I will find once I'm able to wash it...Not going to worry about it. What ever it is, there you are............................Dickie
    Dickie you have the same outlook as I do.
    From 10 feet away or going down the road no one can see the imperfections anyway.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    Dickie you have the same outlook as I do.
    From 10 feet away or going down the road no one can see the imperfections anyway.

Doug
    Me too. I bought a motorcycle, not a Rembrant
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Give me a bike with an average paint job that is liquid cooled, has a linear power band with no dead spots, dealers who are a pleasure to do business with over an air cooled bike that requires you to spend 2-3K more, after you spend 20+K to buy it, just to get it to run right with a phenomenal paint job. The name of which I won't mention as not to offend those who also own one, as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Give me a bike with an average paint job that is liquid cooled, has a linear power band with no dead spots, dealers who are a pleasure to do business with over an air cooled bike that requires you to spend 2-3K more, after you spend 20+K to buy it, just to get it to run right with a phenomenal paint job. The name of which I won't mention as not to offend those who also own one, as myself.
    C'mon to be fair there are the bandanas and shirts.....

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I agree with this too. Some companies put all of their R&D into paint and keep the mechanical technogoly from the WW2 era. Of course, that is what their customers (which I was many times ) prefer.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alot of guys reported the black paint was prone to scratching before red , I owned a red before the black one now and I found the paint on the red to be a softer paint ... I owned a body shop for years so I know paint .
    The new eggshell paints are really nice , Kawasaki used the same paint years ago , there was a special wide down cleaner in a aerosol for that paint . Not sure if honda has the same thing .

Has anyone thought of Plasti Dip on their bike? They have really developed a lot of great options and colors lately and can be done in Matte, Gloss, and semi gloss. Plus, when you get tired of the color, boom... Peel it off and put on a different color. Plus, it protects the factory paint. Just throwing it out there.