Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
I don't know where you're headed but I've used my heated gear in, of all places, Texas and Oklahoma, as I rode one entire day on I-40 in steady rain and high-60s temps. I was cold and the heated gear really came in handy.

As an alternative, make sure you have spare gloves and rain booties. Nothing more miserable than wet, cold, hands and feet... even in the middle of summertime. Also, bring your wind and winter liners. Weather can change quickly.

The bottle of ibuprofen or pain reliever of choice sounds like a joke, but pain while riding takes the joy out of it. The post above about little things adding comfort is a great tip.
Always leave my Gerbing gear in the bike. Not looking forward to any rain and need to get something for my boots. Have gain gear, armored Colorado Chaps and layered armored mesh jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
Can't see your license plate?? Can you get pulled over for that?
On my Vision, the plate was very visible. Wings have lowered their plate when they went from a 2 tail light to 3 tail light design. I will either raise the plate or relocate it to the rack.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
So many great suggestions from the forum. Remember to "Pack your mindset", for the ride. Most likely you will encounter many close calls with dumb-ass cagers. Get ready for that. Also some not so fun traveling, due to crap weather, or a sore body. Keep focus on the reward of a safe, successful trip, and meeting a group that shares your passion. It will be "time well spent!"
Yep, some great suggestions that have been added to my list. A buddy and I am planning on riding coast-2-coast and back.