PowerBall and Motorcycles - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PowerBall and Motorcycles

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

It's up to …. $800 Million wow, wow, wow !!!!

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Thats a lot of #@&%# money, you could re-start Australia with that sort of loot.

Chris

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I've never played the lottery and haven't bought a ticket before. For some reason I just bought $40 worth of this Powerball?! I'm sitting here asking myself why I just did that exactly?? I guess I got caught up in the hype....If I win I won't question myself anymore.....
    The force is strong in this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I've never played the lottery and haven't bought a ticket before. For some reason I just bought $40 worth of this Powerball?! I'm sitting here asking myself why I just did that exactly?? I guess I got caught up in the hype....If I win I won't question myself anymore.....
    Yep, easy to get carried away... 5 ticket's is always max for me when I see the lottery's get this high in value. Got to keep it in perspective.... I'd rather light one 10 dollar bill on fire; rather than two 20's

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Funny story....before our government took over the gambling from the mob. When I was a kid in Queens, there was a guy on our street who was the ONLY biker around and he was the real deal. We would always play ball in the street...unless Rocco's bike was parked there. No one messed with him. This was the early 60's and he looked the part, leathers, boots, gimpy leg from laying one down. Anyhow on paydays my old man would give me $5 and tell me to go see Rocco with his numbers. It seemed that everyone in the neighborhood knew about this...cops included and on Fridays Rocco was a most popular guy. There was no trepidation on our part as Rocco would make sure no one messed with his customers. On the few times we won, Rocco would come to our house and sit down for a cup of tea and give the money to my Dad or Gram.
    I liked that system better than todays...We knew where our money was, it was local and it wasnt going in the pockets of our corrupt pols. There was very little crime and we could walk the streets as kids.

Back in the day when New York lottery was just New York, A group of guys got together and figured out every possible combination of numbers. Back then the odds were like 15 million to 1. Well the jackpot was in the 90 million range and they had people all over the state to play every number combo. It seemed the state computer seen what was going on and froze up just before the drawing. They made out but didn't get the take that they had planned on.
    I put a few bucks in, You just never know.
    First thing I would do is to get a new cell phone number, ( only phone I have ) I know I would have relatives and friends I never had before....

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Back in the day when New York lottery was just New York, A group of guys got together and figured out every possible combination of numbers. Back then the odds were like 15 million to 1. Well the jackpot was in the 90 million range and they had people all over the state to play every number combo. It seemed the state computer seen what was going on and froze up just before the drawing. They made out but didn't get the take that they had planned on.
    I put a few bucks in, You just never know.
    First thing I would do is to get a new cell phone number, ( only phone I have ) I know I would have relatives and friends I never had before....
    They haven't talked to me before... they will not be allowed to talk to me later.

I have no problems saying "No"

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Its up to 900 million

Cool

Headed to 1 billion !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Headed to 1 billion !!!!!
    Crazy. Absolutely the amount of money... if someone was to win that. We will see...

..though "take home" with the one time lump sum payment will be approximately 35-40 percent of the overall cash prize.

I could deal with that.

If you won... first things to do:

1. Shut yer mouth
    2. Document the winning ticket well (photographs, etc).
    3. Shut yer mouth

Many strategies on what a lottery winner should do with the resultant winnings...

1. Invest it. Meaning that you may have to consult with an overwhelming amount of "financial consultants" whom will flock to your door. No thank you.

2. Personally, my investment strategy is NONE. Dependent on the amount (guessing 326 million +) I won it and I am far enough advanced in my physical life; that I shall live off of the principle (and interest modestly continually accumulated) until I leave this earthly globe.

Why would one want to make (just a abject figure here) 326 million dollars GROW when if you are sane in mind and frugal... that very amount would EASILY carry you to your death?

I must repeat (love this movie)

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537