Oil filter and drain bolt sealing washer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil filter and drain bolt sealing washer

Oil filter and drain bolt sealing washer

Where do you buy your oil filters and drain bolt sealing washers? I have bought them from the Honda dealer for the first two changes.
    Do you use the Honda filter? or K&N or ?????

Steve

all Honda for me including the oil. Don't think Honda would make an inferior oil for a superior machine.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Where do you buy your oil filters and drain bolt sealing washers? I have bought them from the Honda dealer for the first two changes.

Steve
    Usually buy my filters and washers from Wingstuff.com...Good prices and good service and a supplier to many of our members on this site....Filters are a personal choice, but I use Honda filters as I have several on hand from a previous purchase...Never really used or tried any other brands so cannot comment....

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post

Steve
    OEM Honda filters all the way for me and all my Honda steel steeds, as to the oil drain plug crush washers I get mine by the dozen at a local Ace hardware store, but you can't go wrong with the site sponsors.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Usually buy my filters and washers from Wingstuff.com...Good prices and good service and a supplier to many of our members on this site....Filters are a personal choice, but I use Honda filters as I have several on hand from a previous purchase...Never really used or tried any other brands so cannot comment....
    I agree. I buy Honda oil, filters, and crush washers from Wing Stuff. I usually buy 4-5 oil changes at a time. However, I change my oil at 4000 miles rather than the factory suggestion of 8000 miles. Cheap insurance for the engine and transmission in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Currently have an Amsoil filter on but I have a stash of OEM Honda filters. I get my crush washers from the local Honda car dealer. I believe they are the same as the Civic.
    2013 F6B in black of course

A bit of a thread jack, but here it comes anyway...do you guys change the crush washer each oil change? It's been an issue elsewhere too. I did my own oil changes on my previous bike and never changed it out. Not a drop of oil from that area in over 20,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    A bit of a thread jack, but here it comes anyway...do you guys change the crush washer each oil change? It's been an issue elsewhere too. I did my own oil changes on my previous bike and never changed it out. Not a drop of oil from that area in over 20,000 miles.
    I do unless I have a senior moment and forget. Have been known to reuse a crush washer or two without issues, but as a rule, I change the washer with each oil change. I buy them in packs of 10 so I have plenty on hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fumoto

Then again, you could eliminate the crush washer altogether by installing one of these:

http://www.qwikvalve.com/F106SW-Adap...-14mm-1.5.html

You might want to shop around for the best price. The Fumoto Qwik Valve makes oil changes even easier and less messy.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I've done numerous oil changes in the last 34K miles and the OEM crush washer is still in place. Not a drop of oil. I "always" us my torque wrench when re-installing the drain plug I have a half dozen new spares but have yet to use any