breake away cruise control for f6b
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breake away cruise control for f6b

breake away cruise control for f6b

is there a break away cruise control that can be used on a f6b with the black iso grips from kuryakyn.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    is there a break away cruise control that can be used on a f6b with the black iso grips from kuryakyn.
    Bobo, I did try the Breakaway cruise control on my bike, that does have the Kuryakyn Black Iso grips, and I was not pleased, so I did return the item...which they do charge a 25 % return fee. Other riders may have had a better experience, but I tried to make it work with the Iso grips, and was not happy.

breakaway cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Bobo, I did try the Breakaway cruise control on my bike, that does have the Kuryakyn Black Iso grips, and I was not pleased, so I did return the item...which they do charge a 25 % return fee. Other riders may have had a better experience, but I tried to make it work with the Iso grips, and was not happy.

miles what type of problem did you have, did you use the breakaway cruise p/n 5cpo2 and is there any modification that you have to make to hook it up..........bobo

There is a alternative to the Break Away! The Adjustable Go Cruise Throttle Lock may fit your grips.

Here's the original thread regarding the Go Cruise!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...-Throttle-Lock

I love my "Go Cruise"
    easy to install, easy to adjust and easy to use with gloves on, another plus IMO it looks like OEM on my Black F6B.
    I did find I needed to adjust my 'pull to open' throttle cable free play as it came from the factory a tad to loose for me, I know Honda likes them loose and I understand why, but as long as I'm getting a complete closure of the throttle body butterfly when letting off the throttle and no pulling on the throttle cables or change of RPM in a right to left lock to lock of the handle bars, all is good. I want no play in my pull open throttle cable. I do tend to run a little more slack is in my 'pull to close' cable.

I better get back on track here...the loose throttle cable had no effect on how the "Go Cruise" performed and was just something I would have done anyway.
    I also run the ISO black grips over the OEM heated grips and had no issues with the "Go Cruise" install.
    As throttle locks go...."Go Cruise" does that just fine... at a price that is hard to beat.

Some additional info on improving the Go Cruise Throttle Lock. A simple and effective way to improve the performance/function of the GC with rubber o-rings!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...mprovement-Tip

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Also, to increase tension on the original GC, run a small black zip tie through the largest hole and down under the lower 'arm', Cinch to 'tighten'.

Friend had a Breakaway on his VTX,,, Took a while to get it all dialed in, but seemed to work good thereafter. He was happy with it. (Why wouldn't he be happy? I installed it AND dialed it in for him!!!! )

Me? Imma cheap bastad!!! Cheap and EZ!!

miles what type of problem did you have, did you use the breakaway cruise p/n 5cpo2 and is there any modification that you have to make to hook it up..........bobo
    Bobo, I had a difficult time getting the BreakAway cruise to fit correctly, and getting it dialed in, and I beleive this was all due to the larger diameter of the Kuryakyn Iso Grips. The BreakAway cruise is not designed to fit that large of diameter of a grip. After I returned it, I did buy the GoCruise like others ohave mentioned here. While I "thought" I was buying the adjustable one....it turns out that Riderwearhouse (Aerostich) sent me the non-adjustable one, and it has worked very well with the Kuryakyn Black Iso Grips. Because the Iso Grips are a larger diameter grip, the non-adjustable GoCruise...in Black...fits snugly onto the grips of the Iso Grips, using the supplied rubber band. It is not really an O'ring, it is more of a rubber band. It loks great on the Black Iso Grips, and works very good. For me, this resolves the need for a cruise. Yes, I loved the electronic cruise on a regaular Wing, but....given that we do not have that, this works very well.

I rarely take my right hand off the throttle, and do not use a cruise control in the usual sense. I only take my right hand off if I need to reach for something, or adjust something, that cannot be done with my left hand. For a $ 20.00 cruise control...or technically...throttle lock, the GoCruise works very well.

breakaway cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Bobo, I had a difficult time getting the BreakAway cruise to fit correctly, and getting it dialed in, and I beleive this was all due to the larger diameter of the Kuryakyn Iso Grips. The BreakAway cruise is not designed to fit that large of diameter of a grip. After I returned it, I did buy the GoCruise like others ohave mentioned here. While I "thought" I was buying the adjustable one....it turns out that Riderwearhouse (Aerostich) sent me the non-adjustable one, and it has worked very well with the Kuryakyn Black Iso Grips. Because the Iso Grips are a larger diameter grip, the non-adjustable GoCruise...in Black...fits snugly onto the grips of the Iso Grips, using the supplied rubber band. It is not really an O'ring, it is more of a rubber band. It loks great on the Black Iso Grips, and works very good. For me, this resolves the need for a cruise. Yes, I loved the electronic cruise on a regaular Wing, but....given that we do not have that, this works very well.

I rarely take my right hand off the throttle, and do not use a cruise control in the usual sense. I only take my right hand off if I need to reach for something, or adjust something, that cannot be done with my left hand. For a $ 20.00 cruise control...or technically...throttle lock, the GoCruise works very well.
    miles thanks for the reply, i have the none adjustable go-cruise found it slipped when activated so i drilled a hole through it and installed a screw to tighten it to the band on the grip solved the problem but i still like the breakaway control the way it works, but kind of a bit expensive to experiment with. I might order the new adjustable go-cruise............bobo

miles thanks for the reply, i have the none adjustable go-cruise found it slipped when activated so i drilled a hole through it and installed a screw to tighten it to the band on the grip solved the problem but i still like the breakaway control the way it works, but kind of a bit expensive to experiment with. I might order the new adjustable go-cruise............bobo
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking into my options. I have the Kury ISO grips on the Valkyrie with a brake-Away throttle lock. I have the throttle boss lever on the Kury grips. This combination works very well and have wondered if I could repeat the same on the F6B.