UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD?

How tall is the Klock Werks shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Kfad View Post
    Klock Werks Flare, I'm 6' 2 and can see over it so it doesn't interfere day or night.
    Kfad , did you get the dark opaque!
    Can you post some good pics !

Klock Werks 14"

Found it. It's 14". Thinking of the dark smoke black. Any Klock Werks owners out there with detailed testimonials. Does it kill the wind noise in your ears? That's one of the things I hate the most. The wind noise is defening. Also, with the stock shield , my riding glasses flew off my face at 110 Kms per hour/55 mph. I'd like to eliminate that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Found it. It's 14". Thinking of the dark smoke black. Any Klock Werks owners out there with detailed testimonials. Does it kill the wind noise in your ears? That's one of the things I hate the most. The wind noise is defening. Also, with the stock shield , my riding glasses flew off my face at 110 Kms per hour/55 mph. I'd like to eliminate that as well.
    You might want to do a search. One of the guys, I think deerslayer, complained that the KW gave him an ear ache. Sometimes looks and performance are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    You might want to do a search. One of the guys, I think deerslayer, complained that the KW gave him an ear ache. Sometimes looks and performance are two different things.

Thanks, I have been doing a lot of searching and asking questions. I have not noticed the ear ache post but I will look out for it. Mixed reviews for sure. Some love it , some love other makes.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    You know you want it,,,

Attachment 6004Attachment 6003
    Kfad , did you get the dark opaque!
    Can you post some good pics !

Warning!!!

I loved my Bell 9 on my Fjr but it was tooooooo noisy on the F6B
    Now im wearing
    Shoei Neotec Modular

Tried the Bell Mag 9 helmet today. Really liked it. Provides ear protection, windscreen, sunshade and bluetooth capability. Im undecided if I should upgrade the stock windshield or upgrade my helmet. I don't really see a point in doing both. Do the F6b riders here have any advice? Will this helmet do the trick?
    Another consideration you need to keep in mind is seat position. Anything + or - from stock seat hight will be reflected in windshield noise. My Mustang dropped me 1" lower and changed the wind dynamic of me and passenger. Radio was not compromised. volume goes to 30. The SENA BT intercom was a fairly good choice. ( a little tiney) I can talk on phone and passenger too. Lessons learned, expensive I might add. I wished they would have left the windshield adjustment on the F6. I have been considering building it back into the fairing. then u'd have 4" up/down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfad View Post

Kfad, Thanks for the pics. Is that the dark smoke or the tint?

I noticed on The Canadianmororcycle website the tint is a few $$$ more than the dark smoke. $302 vs $ $288.
    Anyone know why?

Post Madstad

Put a 15" Madstad on mine yesterday and went for a shake-down. This is the best accessory I've ever put on a bike. Full down and full tilt back, I get a gentle breeze about eyebrow level. Tilt forward so about 3/8" slot shows behind the lockscrew and the wind is above the helmet. No buffet at either setting. Radio went from 25 to 18 at 70 mph. Much cooler than behind the tall slipstream I had before, important at 109 degrees. I look over the screen by about 4 - 5 inches at it's lowest setting. A 13" may work just as well raised a little. I'm a shade over 6' with a 32" inseam, long torso and sit tall in the saddle. I highly recomend this windshield and the folks at Madstad are great to do business with.