Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B

Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B

We have been waiting for a while to be able to announce our new Tapered Seat Bolt Sets specifically for the F6B.
    We just got some in from the first shipment today, I installed a set on our own F6B.
    This is an absolute necessity if installing an after market seat or plan on taking your seat off once in a while.

Yes, those do make it easier !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    We have been waiting for a while to be able to announce our new Tapered Seat Bolt Sets specifically for the F6B.
    We just got some in from the first shipment today, I installed a set on our own F6B.
    This is an absolute necessity if installing an after market seat or plan on taking your seat off once in a while.

Tell me what we did wrong then at my dealer trying to install the Mustang seat using these bolts purchased last summer..They were too short and would NOT allow seat rails to tighten..After screwing around for about 1/2 hour we used the stock bolts and the seat finally fit reasonably well...Still the rail on the right side sticks out from the seat a little, but I am living with it...Regards...Someone else on this board said that the after market bolts with not work with anything but the stock seat??Appreciate any advise on the best way to make these bolts work..Have they been up-dated since last year as I see your post says that will work on aftermarket seats and specifically the F6B??

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Tell me what we did wrong then at my dealer trying to install the Mustang seat using these bolts purchased last summer..They were too short and would NOT allow seat rails to tighten..After screwing around for about 1/2 hour we used the stock bolts and the seat finally fit reasonably well...Still the rail on the right side sticks out from the seat a little, but I am living with it...Regards...Someone else on this board said that the after market bolts with not work with anything but the stock seat??Appreciate any advise on the best way to make these bolts work..Have they been up-dated since last year as I see your post says that will work on aftermarket seats and specifically the F6B??
    The bolt kit for a full Wing has 4 bolts of equal length. In the kit for the F6B however, the two front bolts are longer. That may be the reason yours wouldn't reach .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    The bolt kit for a full Wing has 4 bolts of equal length. In the kit for the F6B however, the two front bolts are longer. That may be the reason yours wouldn't reach .
    Thanks, but that is not the reason as far as I can tell..The bolts I have look like the ones posted on the web-site..Two are long and two are shorter..Tried and tried to make them work as I said, but "no cigar" and used the stockers.....

You did not have these bolts. As I posted above, these are new and specific for the F6B.
    We have specific GL1800 bolt kits also which are a different length.

These Seat Bolt Kits are correct for the F6b, these are actually slightly longer then stock plus the tip.
    I installed a set on mine with a Mustang Seat and did compare the length of the stock bolts to these replacements.
    These fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    You did not have these bolts. As I posted above, these are new and specific for the F6B.
    We have specific GL1800 bolt kits also which are a different length.

These Seat Bolt Kits are correct for the F6b, these are actually slightly longer then stock plus the tip.
    I installed a set on mine with a Mustang Seat and did compare the length of the stock bolts to these replacements.
    These fit fine.
    Rick, I don't doubt your info and I will assume these newer F6B "specific" bolts are longer and were made after I ordered the ones I did last spring...If they are indeed longer than the older style, I ordered from another supplier last year, I will place an order for the up-dated ones from Value Accessories soon...I will rely on your data that they indeed are longer than the older ones.....I remember ordering them for obvious reasons last year to use on the Mustang seat change and was very dis-appointed that they did not work....Thanks again....

Frame Blot Bosses for the F6B Seat

Whether using the OEM Seat Bolts or the tapered end After Market Seat Bolts make sure you take the opportunity to clean/chase the threads on the frame bosses. Only takes a a few minutes and minimal effort to remove the "powder coat overspray" on the female threads. A light dab of Never Seize to the bolts is also a "plus". Stops "Galvanic Reaction" in its tracks

Here's the original post on the subject of cleaning the threads

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...on-Improvement

Thanks, but that is not the reason as far as I can tell..The bolts I have look like the ones posted on the web-site..Two are long and two are shorter..Tried and tried to make them work as I said, but "no cigar" and used the stockers.....
    I had the same issue as you when I ordered tapered bolts last year for my Mustang seat. Couldn't get the tapered bolts to work and ended up using the stock Honda bolts. The tapered bolts are sitting in a box somewhere in my garage. I do hope these "new" tapered bolts are better.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I had the same issue as you when I ordered tapered bolts last year for my Mustang seat. Couldn't get the tapered bolts to work and ended up using the stock Honda bolts. The tapered bolts are sitting in a box somewhere in my garage. I do hope these "new" tapered bolts are better.
    I indicated on my last post to Rick W. that I would not order the "new" bolts until I am convinced they are different/longer than the ones I tried to make work last year...His web-site indicates that these "newer" bolts can be ordered specific for the F6B seat..I would like to use these bolts and will when I am assured that they will work....Regards...I know it is only a few dollars, but money is money!!