My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeken47 View Post
    I applied 2 coats of Liquid glass and took the bike out for a ride. I can't believe how good the paint job looks! So how many coats should I apply?
    I apply it after every wash and when the first can is gone I have a second can on the shelf. LG is sooo easy to use I can do the whole bike in less then 1/2 hr. Just make sure the bike is completely dry and doing it in the sun is a big plus as LG needs some heat to cure to max hardness. I only put one coat on then the next coat of LG is at the next washing.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Put my first coat on today. It almost changes the color. I can tell it is on there.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cheap Paint

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Every time you throw your leg over the bike and kick the saddlebag by mistake it seems like it causes a big scuff or scratch.

I wish I had hard leather covered bags like on my old Harley. All they needed was a little leather treatment and they were good as new. Much more forgiving than this cheap paint.

One thing for sure the bike will now match my 1999 Honda Accord and 2001 Acura TL with the clear coat that seems to wash off in the rain. I love these cars and the bike but as good as Honda is at making these vehicles you think they could just pay someone else to paint them. Then they would truly be great!!!
    You say cheap paint, wait till you have to buy some of this cheap paint, you will be impressed!

LG

Off work today going to pick up some LG. Been using three step turtle wax black, ok but lots of work. I was wondering if I needed to do any prep. after using the turtle wax before the LG?

Quote Originally Posted by swingfast View Post
    Off work today going to pick up some LG. Been using three step turtle wax black, ok but lots of work. I was wondering if I needed to do any prep. after using the turtle wax before the LG?
    There are products from LG for cleaning prior to application. Been using LG for many, many years and all I've ever done is wipe the painted surfaces with a small dampened towel using a 50/50 mix of water and Ammonia. Works great for me, as I use the same mix to routinely clean my windshield which also gets the LG treatment.

remove the wax

By my memory you should remove any wax you currently have on your bike prior to using LG. They sell a pre-cleaner for just this purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

Thanks for the info