Newest F6b'r

Thread: Newest F6b'r

Newest F6b'r

Found a 2013 deluxe in the slower re swith 2000 miles in MD (not a member here). Too much bike for him but just right for me. now that I've put 700'miles in 3 days with the stock windshield please talk to me about better ones. I am actually very impressed that the combo of a shorty shield and my Shoei Neotec helmet works as well as it does. Of course ear plugs are a must but there is no buffeting and the wind flow is welcome on a hot day. That said still need a taller one. Other add ons will be a top box, most likely my Givi, throttlemeister and highway pegs. Thanks for all I learn through this forum.

Moosedog

from AZ

Windshields are hard to recommend. I have five different ones and switch them as my mood changes. Right now I'm using a 15 inch clear shield with a vent because it's so hot. The one I like the best is my Windbender. The height and style combination of shields out there is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    from AZ

Windshields are hard to recommend. I have five different ones and switch them as my mood changes. Right now I'm using a 15 inch clear shield with a vent because it's so hot. The one I like the best is my Windbender. The height and style combination of shields out there is endless.
    I agree with bobby...A lot of variables factor in. Your seat, your height, how much wind you like...etc.

In very short order, I found the factory shield wasn't going to cut it since I couldn't hear my tunes above 50mph. I went with the 11-19 inch Bagger windshield by Baggershield. With the 11 inch portion, adjusted to the top of the slot, it's really the same as a 12 inch. The "diffused" airstream hits me with just the right amount of breeze at about the helmet vent level. I'm 6'0". I put on the top portion just to see what the difference would be. It would be the equivelant of a 20" shield. I got no wind at all. So, depending on if you are riding alone or with passenger, type of weather, etc., this windshield is very adaptable and can be changed out in about a minute(from 12-20inch) with no tools. I also went with the dark tint.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Madstad. Accept no substitutes!

baggershield

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    I agree with bobby...A lot of variables factor in. Your seat, your height, how much wind you like...etc.

In very short order, I found the factory shield wasn't going to cut it since I couldn't hear my tunes above 50mph. I went with the 11-19 inch Bagger windshield by Baggershield. With the 11 inch portion, adjusted to the top of the slot, it's really the same as a 12 inch. The "diffused" airstream hits me with just the right amount of breeze at about the helmet vent level. I'm 6'0". I put on the top portion just to see what the difference would be. It would be the equivelant of a 20" shield. I got no wind at all. So, depending on if you are riding alone or with passenger, type of weather, etc., this windshield is very adaptable and can be changed out in about a minute(from 12-20inch) with no tools. I also went with the dark tint.
    Coming from an electric windshield on the BMW, the baggershield interests me. I know I will miss the huge amount of adjustability and at least the bagger has 2 different levels. Is the quality of these on a par with the Cee Bailey's, Madstad's, etc?

The stock windshield caused the wind to hit me in the face (Im 6 ft tall)..switched to the 11 slip streamer shield, it pushed the wind to the very top of my helmet and it feels much better..Not sure I would want anything taller since this bike can make it hot without any wind movement and not willing to install wind wings ...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    Madstad. Accept no substitutes!

I agree wholeheartedly. I have a Madstad with a 12 inch clear. Here in Florida with 96 degree days it is nice to slide it down and get wind over the top. When I hit the highway I slip it up on the onramp and enjoy turbulence free high speed cruising.

MRA X-Creen Tour Variable Wind Blade

Before you discard the useless stock screen, think about this item. I tried this add-on for 6,000 miles through various weather conditions and it performed flawlessly. It can be adjusted in many different positions to manipulate the air to either maximize air flow right at you, if you're in a mesh jacket, or be flipped up to block the flow of air, if it rains, Autobahn tested. Just another option.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...-spoiler-blade#