Lurker turned owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurker turned owner

Lurker turned owner

Hello everyone. I've been reading a lot here lately, and pulled the trigger on a 13' leftover in Black today. Can't believe the deal I got on this beautiful beast! The passenger backrest is on order, and I am trying to figure out what the best rack would be to mount my current Givi topcase on would be. After 25yrs of riding mostly "sport" type bikes (my current other bike is a Suzuki Bandit 1250) I have come to the crossroads of needing a comfortable 2up machine. Thought about FJRs, STs, and Connies but it is still a "climb" for my shorter wife to get on a Sport Tourer. It seems the large pillion area and low pegs of the F6B fits the bill! So far I don't know what I will change, but after my extra long shakedown ride from the dealsership, I have no real concerns. The stock wind shield doesn't bother me, I am used to my helmet out in the elements. I might find a way to black it out though.

I have to figure out how to remove the seat...let the research begin!

Welcome

I just joined yesterday, picking up a 2013 Red and Black Deluxe. So far, I absolutely love the bike. It fits me better and is so smooth. I can't help you with the seat, still trying to figure that out myself.

You have lots of good riding out your way. Should be a heck of a bike to enjoy it on.

Welcome. Hey thanks for that Super Bowl win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been reading a lot here lately, and pulled the trigger on a 13' leftover in Black today. Can't believe the deal I got on this beautiful beast! The passenger backrest is on order, and I am trying to figure out what the best rack would be to mount my current Givi topcase on would be. After 25yrs of riding mostly "sport" type bikes (my current other bike is a Suzuki Bandit 1250) I have come to the crossroads of needing a comfortable 2up machine. Thought about FJRs, STs, and Connies but it is still a "climb" for my shorter wife to get on a Sport Tourer. It seems the large pillion area and low pegs of the F6B fits the bill! So far I don't know what I will change, but after my extra long shakedown ride from the dealsership, I have no real concerns. The stock wind shield doesn't bother me, I am used to my helmet out in the elements. I might find a way to black it out though.

I have to figure out how to remove the seat...let the research begin!
    When you remove your seat, here's a little trick to improve re-installing it

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...on-Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    I just joined yesterday, picking up a 2013 Red and Black Deluxe. So far, I absolutely love the bike. It fits me better and is so smooth. I can't help you with the seat, still trying to figure that out myself.

You have lots of good riding out your way. Should be a heck of a bike to enjoy it on.
    Yes, the hills around here offer some awesome rides! Looks like you have to unbolt the grab handles for the seat?

Welcome and you will love it. Like you I'm happy with the stock shield. I think that is one of the biggest cosmetic appeals of the bike. My preciouse two cruiser never had them nor the sport bike befor that. That pretty much covers the last 34 years. No need to change now. I did switch for the darker one but that's just cool.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    Welcome and you will love it. Like you I'm happy with the stock shield. I think that is one of the biggest cosmetic appeals of the bike. My preciouse two cruiser never had them nor the sport bike befor that. That pretty much covers the last 34 years. No need to change now. I did switch for the darker one but that's just cool.
    Do they sell a tinted one in stock size or did you darken it yourself?

Do they sell a tinted one in stock size or did you darken it yourself?
    Yes, it is smoked with F6B logo. It is the same as stock or real close. I think someone said it is a fraction different but I can't tell.

$140 on Amazon
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    When you remove your seat, here's a little trick to improve re-installing it

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...on-Improvement
    Thanks for that. Now, anyone have a link for removing/installing windshields?

Yes, the hills around here offer some awesome rides! Looks like you have to unbolt the grab handles for the seat?

Yes, you need to remove the 2 bolts on both grab handles to remove the seat.
    If you have a way to grind a bevel on the leading threads of the 4 bolts, it may make it easier to put back on.