Trunk backrest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trunk backrest

Trunk backrest

Hello , I'd like to know if the rear backrest trunk combo from a goldwing would fit in the F6B ?If so where can I get one and what am ai looking at in price ? Thx

2kewlgypsy
    Rino,
    There were a few people converting goldwings to look like an F6B, but I don't think it would be easy to turn your F6B into a Goldwing - I did put a rack on the back of mine, and I have a bag that goes on that rack, would that do it for you? The saddlebags are plenty big, with some creative packing I can fit 10 days in there - what would you do with all that extra room?
    Even my RoadGlide and my 1200 wing I removed the trunk to make them look more like the F6B.
    Let us know what you plan to do, and maybe someone here has done it. - I know you can search givi and get an idea of that trunk.
    Much Respect,
    2~kewl

Quote Originally Posted by rino65 View Post
    Hello , I'd like to know if the rear backrest trunk combo from a goldwing would fit in the F6B ?If so where can I get one and what am ai looking at in price ? Thx
    I suppose that anything can be done. But getting a Wing trunk to fit the F6 and be clean is going to be a real expensive challenge.

Many of us have added trunks to our F6's. Mine is a winter, two helmet holding, trunk. It comes off early in the spring and easily (four bolts, one cable). All done, it cost about $100.

100_3837.jpg
    Albuquerque, NM

Possible trunk backrest

I have ordered from ridebikegear web site the trunk backrest combo. I haven't mounted it yet but it looks promising. I'm trying to figure out if I can mount it to the backrest, or some other way to easily remove it when I want to.
    'LTP Legacy Sport Tour Pack With Wrap Around Backrest And Large Top Rack' is the one I ordered.
    I'll let you know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I suppose that anything can be done. But getting a Wing trunk to fit the F6 and be clean is going to be a real expensive challenge.

Many of us have added trunks to our F6's. Mine is a winter, two helmet holding, trunk. It comes off early in the spring and easily (four bolts, one cable). All done, it cost about $100.

Attachment 22581
    How did you mount that on?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    How did you mount that on?
    I have a 1/8th" aluminum plate "permanently" mounted to the trunk's bottom. Then the trunk and plate mount together as one, to where the four luggage rack bolts would go. The luggage rank is removed when the trunk is on.

So, four bolts to put it on, and four bolts to take it off. It is actually more difficult to put the luggage rack, backrest combo back on. The red lines are the four luggage rack bolt locations.

100_3145.jpg 100_3163.jpg
    Albuquerque, NM

I have a 1/8th" aluminum plate "permanently" mounted to the trunk's bottom. Then the trunk and plate mount together as one, to where the four luggage rack bolts would go. The luggage rank is removed when the trunk is on.

So, four bolts to put it on, and four bolts to take it off. It is actually more difficult to put the luggage rack, backrest combo back on. The red lines are the four luggage rack bolt locations.

Attachment 22583 Attachment 22582
    Thank you, it looks great. I keep looking around for trucks that will go with the 6b's lines...i do like who yours looks. At least now I see it can be done. Thanks again.

Twisted throttle mounting kit for Givi Monokey trunk

Check that site. I added a 47 litre case with backrest on my black F6B and the rack looks great when I remove the case. Check my older posts to see pictures

Trunk

Attachment 22581
    Where did you get that nice looking trunk and who made it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    Rino,
    There were a few people converting goldwings to look like an F6B, but I don't think it would be easy to turn your F6B into a Goldwing - I did put a rack on the back of mine, and I have a bag that goes on that rack, would that do it for you? The saddlebags are plenty big, with some creative packing I can fit 10 days in there - what would you do with all that extra room?
    Even my RoadGlide and my 1200 wing I removed the trunk to make them look more like the F6B.
    Let us know what you plan to do, and maybe someone here has done it. - I know you can search givi and get an idea of that trunk.
    Much Respect,
    2~kewl
    Thank you for the reply, Its for my girlfriend she would like a more secure backrest