I offer you a simple challenge to prove that the contact patch is much larger on a car tire than it is a M/C. If you can find someone who has a C/T on their bike, then it is easy to make a foot print of the tire. Here's an easy method.

1st cut about a dozen strips of paper about 4 inches long and an inch wide. With the bike on the side stand, slip the pieces of paper under the tire as if they were a feeler gauge, place them side by side, in a fan pattern around the contact patch. Once you have them in place, just tape them all together. Roll the bike away and now you have a view of the size of the contact patch. Repeat the same process with a like model motorcycle with a M/C tire and you will be able to compare the difference. Be prepared to be shocked! the C/T patch is 2 or 3 times bigger! Not to mention when the bike is straight up, the patch is 10 times bigger. You have the whole width of the C/T on the ground and with the bike tire, you have a 50 cent sized patch on the road. Ask yourself, which one will stop the quickest? Not to mention, there is a taller sidewall on the car tire which equates to a little more sidewall flex that produces a softer ride, I can go on and on but that is several reasons why I like them. Better dry and wet grip, longer tire life, smoother ride, shorter stopping distance, and cheaper.