I think most people with these posts are absolutely correct. Always ride your own ride. You know what you are comfortable and capable of. Going outside of that leads to disaster.
Some people are more skilled, and just because they are capable of navigating curves a lot faster does not mean that they are reckless as long they are within their bounds of safety and are not a menace to other people and riders. The key is knowing what your safety limits are and not going past that.

Always if going with a group of people understand what type of riding they do and what their plans are. We have found that our very slow riding, with Teresa riding behind me on her own bike sometimes is to fast for someone else (with very little riding experience). Your idea of normal speed may be someone else's slow or fast.
If riding with other people that are not as experienced, different type of bike, older, younger, maybe have some type of impairment, or even riding two up where you are single, etc. always keep in mind that you do not want to push them.
We have seen many disastrous rides at rallies or gatherings when you get groups of people where the first few riders want to show everyone their riding skills, then individuals that do not ride curves that much are trying to keep up in the back. No one wants to be left behind and people end up attempting to go a lot faster then they are capable of or want to.

I did ride with our group at the F6B rally and this was not a problem. They do not want accidents and do go slower on the rides. I would not be concerned going to the F6B rally later this Summer and participating in the group rides. It is more about seeing everyone and having a good time, not how fast you can go.

Picture below is of Teresa and I on the Dragon a few months ago, both had a good time and at the speed that was comfortable for her.