Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
Yup, that's why I do my best to stay under the radar. Just live and enjoy my life --- and work w/o an SSN using the Fed's own document. NO SSN on my utility bills, NO SSN on my cell phone, NO SSN on my apartment lease. NO SSN on my bank accounts. NO SSN on Credit Cards only debit cards with NO SSN. NO SSN on my health insurance. All vehicles paid in cash, including an amazing used F6B w/ 4 K miles.
And I believe that is the key, stay low. Irwin Schiff's problem is he had it dead right, all of it, the law, procedure but he decided to advertise it. I had a long talk with him on a ride down to Manhattan to see his son, after a speech he gave (in I'll say Albany- long time ago). I said why don't you just keep it to yourself or just a few friends, he said he couldn't he felt it was his duty to alert the American people, he was on a crusade. Poor old man died in jail. If you do the right paperwork, and it sounds like you do, and keep it between you and the government, they'll honor it ... sometimes.