Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!

Thread: Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I thought the exhaust drone issue was the result of a re-tune on the 15-17 models to make it sound more sporty, being a cruiser and all ... ?

Anyway, I have the '13, and it definitely has the low buzz exhaust sound of a horizontally-opposed engine...my Subaru with a flat-4 makes a similar sound....however, I never find it bothersome when cruising. Sometimes I mute the stereo just to swim in it's mellow tune for awhile

I do not question anyone's fit or feel for a motorcycle, or anything that we buy for pleasure or comfort. It has to be right for each of us, or the pleasure or comfort is distracted and that defeats the purpose.

I am very picky about my vehicles ... I have a Corbin seat on my F6; not the most popular choice in these parts, but it works great for me. I have traded in snowmobiles that just do not fit me right, despite glowing reviews across the internet. Cars --> power driver's seat is a must; without the full range of adjustment, particularly thigh support, I will start squirming 20 miles into a drive. Same on the bike, which was my unique issue with the stock seat and why I returned an Ultimate that I installed on my VStar years ago ... the Ultimate is a very popular choice and highly regarded.

As someone above said, these are pleasure vehicles, not practical vehicles. We can live with shortcomings for sake of practicality, but these are luxury items and we are fortunate to be able to own them in the first place, and even more fortunate to be able to make fit us they way we want them to.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Louder after 2013

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I thought the exhaust drone issue was the result of a re-tune on the 15-17 models to make it sound more sporty, being a cruiser and all ... ?
    That's what I thought. I owned a '13 with the chrome exhaust, and it was virtually silent. I think the exhaust got louder in '14 or '15 when Honda changed from chrome to black pipes.

I grew to love the quiet ride. I now have a '16 which is a good bit louder. It sounds nice when you start it up, but can get annoying at some speeds. Overall I like the newer bike now that it has cruise control and better paint, but I'd be happier with the older exhaust.
    Last edited by F6Dave; 05-26-2018 at 09:18 AM.