Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
Or maybe Trailblazers , Innovators , Forward Thinkers or hell , Risk Takers. If it wasn't for people like this we would still be riding horses and fighting Indians. Don't be afraid of something new. It's a principle this country was founded on.
Personally, the DS is nothing new to me, or to MC's either. I've been there, done that, years ago,,, not going back.

This is not some 'new frontier' either. No one needs to feel like they are Columbus, a Viking, a Cowboy in the Wild West, a 'Pioneer in the field' or anything remotely close to 'an explorer' by slapping a CT on their 6. CT's on MC's have been around since the start, and the evolved tire / motorcycle technology of today is exactly why we don't equip ALL MC's with 'car tires' anymore.

The thought of 'trying something different' for yourself will always be there. The emotion of 'getting one over on the system' has it's pull, but the 'rationalization' used for CT's on MC's is, like it or not, 100% limited to 'armchair experts'. There is NO support for CT use by anyone involved in Tire or mass produced MC manufacturing. (If it wasn't for having 2 wheels, the Boss Hoss wouldn't be considered a motorcycle, and it's not what most would consider as a 'mass produced' bike either)

But, hey, if it makes ya feel good, what can I say? You can equip your bike as you please.

I actually saw an old Valk with a CT on the way home yesterday,,, Kinda got a chuckle out of it! He's happy, I'm tickled, and life goes on!