Drink Holder Cubby

Thread: Drink Holder Cubby

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I bought the black one for my F6B but it has since been confiscated by the wife for hers.
    Good addition to the bike but the Kury lid fits like crap.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

I have one on the Wing and my F6B. They work really well and it's nice to store stuff in the little pockets. I usually have my cigar lighters and cutters and change in there lol. The lid is a little loose but overall it's not bad at all. Put a little of the soft part of the velcro underneath and it will snap closed tightly. I actually wrapped the one on my Wing and while a pain to do came out pretty nice. This one was chrome it was before they made a black one. I have black on the B...
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

Attachment 15160

As far as carrying drinks in the cup holder its touch and go because of the angle of the cup. I have splashed coffee on the bike even with a cover on the drink.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Attachment 15160

As far as carrying drinks in the cup holder its touch and go because of the angle of the cup. I have splashed coffee on the bike even with a cover on the drink.
    Try the Contigo mugs. Best one-handed-thermal-leak-free mugs I have ever used.

Contigo Travel Mugs

Attachment 15170

The center cubby is valuable space for me, cell phone, wallet, keys, etc.
    So, .......this seems to be a great place for a cup holder in my case.
    Came with a few different pieces of foam in different thicknesses, so my coffee cup fits perfect.

Attachment 15245

I've also gone with the Contigo Travel Mug for my Drink Holder Cubby. I do lose convenient space for my phone, wallet etc but I was getting into a bad habit of leaving those items on the bike when I shouldn't be and the original Cubby isn't exactly burglar proof. Now when I ride I take a trimmed down wallet with just the necessities which I don't even notice in my jacket, same for the phone. Peace of mind to have both on me and I've got a hot brew (4 hours if you believe the sales blurb).

Of course I do risk losing the Contigo if I don't throw it into a side case, but $30 as opposed to a $800 phone (and wallet) is a no brainer. The space is also great for convenient water as it fits a 600ml shop bottle perfectly.

12 oz DaSani

That is the only size water bottle I have tried in the cubby and it fits pretty well and doesn't stick up too far, but all are right about the angle, there is no way to put it in there without the cap on it as it would spill all over the bike. No go on the coffee cup which is to fat and the handle is too far down on the cup and won't let it go any deeper if it could.

Contigo Mug for Cubby

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Try the Contigo mugs. Best one-handed-thermal-leak-free mugs I have ever used.

Contigo Travel Mugs

Attachment 15170
    i have these cups and love them but they are too big to fit in the cubby. how does your fit if we have the same thing??

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i have these cups and love them but they are too big to fit in the cubby. how does your fit if we have the same thing??
    I have used it with the Kruzer Kaddies which have different diameter inserts for different diameter cyclinders.

Also, Contigo makes different sized mugs.

Attachment 15255

Attachment 15256