Air filter replacement - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air filter replacement

What a pain in the a$$. Changed mine last night. Dealer says they can do it in 2 hours. It took me about 5. Still not sure I could do it in 2 after this experience. Like others, I went to K&N so I don't have to do it again for a while. On a side note, the Mustang seat is much easier to put back on than it was the first time. What the hell was Honda thinking?

Here is where the filter is located:
    Attachment 8048
    This is what you take off to get to it:
    Attachment 8049
    This is the stock filter with 22000 miles:
    Attachment 8050
    The condition was not that bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Think a F6B is a pain? Try doing a Goldwing with airbag!

I just had my seat, grab rails, top cover, etc etc all off to install the passenger backrest. I should have changed the air filter while I was at it. But with only 1600 km on the bike, perhaps not

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I just had my seat, grab rails, top cover, etc etc all off to install the passenger backrest. I should have changed the air filter while I was at it. But with only 1600 km on the bike, perhaps not
    It would have been a good time to install a K&N so you would not have to go back into the bike for a long time. My next maintenance items are spark plugs and shaft oil. Those tasks are fairly simple especially after the air filter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I went to K&N so I don't have to do it again for a while.

Not sure what you mean by this Texas TC. The only upside to having a K&N is the fact that
    it's guaranteed for 100,000 miles of use and it's washable. It will get equally as dirty as the OEM filter in the same amount of time.
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Not sure if you were close.If your 6 did not look like the pics I posted you had a lot more stuff to remove to get near the filter box
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

Still have 4k till d-day but just thought I would throw my 2 cents in air and oil filters are the life line cheap protection.
    I have changed air filter once every year on all my bikes you don't want to see it BLACK! Not looking forward to it but
    every accessory has been a 10 min job. I think I will add cc at time for filter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    It would have been a good time to install a K&N
    Don't get me started. I will NEVER install a K & N in anything. I like having my intake air thoroughly filtered.

Don't get me started. I will NEVER install a K & N in anything. I like having my intake air thoroughly filtered.
    I run K&N in everything I own. On my Harley's, I got 40,000 miles before cleaning them and that was usually just routine maintenance. Guess time will tell on the F6B. Just glad that task is behind me for a while. Now it is on to changing plugs and shaft oil. Those requirements are certainly easier than the air cleaner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey, nothing wrong with being in the minority!!