Managed to install the Mustang seat Sunday morning and just returned from a test ride. What a great seat!! Well worth the effort it took me which I am more than willing to admit being my ineptitude rather than anything else wrong. For me, it took a combination of the tapered and the OEM bolts to get everything set. Sometimes the OEM bolt would be the only one that would work and sometimes the tapered. Took a bit of trial and error to come up with the right combination.

I absolutely recommend following the members' great advice and tapping the thread bosses and chasing the threads on the bolts. A dab of Never Seize and the bolts (when finally lined up with everything) tighten right up. Without the thread cleanup, I guarantee I would have cross threaded or mangled something beyond recognition.

The seat is awesome. Eliminates my thoughts about a driver's backrest as the seat is shaped perfectly. I'm 5'11 with a 30" inseam, for reference. I seem to have slightly shorter arms than most but found the reach to the handlebars absolutely perfect. I couldn't be happier!!

I may consider selling the bike before removing and installing that seat again, though!! JOKE!!!