Quote Originally Posted by Baytown View Post
Loosing my sense of humour right now. I purchased an F6B spec LED relay from the US, tore the front of my bike apart and the OEM relay on my Aussie spec bike is 3 pins (black relay) in line where as the replacement relay is 4 pins in a Hitachi type connector. (White connector attached to the relay with resin).
Bugger!
Can some one please advise which is incorrect, was I sent the wrong relay from the US OR is the Aussie OEM relay ( 3 pin) different to the rest of the world for reasons known only to Mr Honda?
Thanks for any advice re this. Nothing is meant to be simple when modding lights on this bike!
Best wishes all.
Ken
Attachment 17590

Ken,
I wish that I had taken pictures when I did it. You can modify your stock flasher to blink at a normal speed instead of replacing it.

Carefully cut off the back of the flasher assembly (opposite the pins). You are just cutting about 1/16th of an inch (~2mm); just the thickness of the plastic.

With the back off, you can slice the rtv where it is sticking to the inside walls and slide out the circuit board.

There is a thick solid "U" shaped wire on the circuit board that is used to measure bulb current. If you cut the trace between that wire and the surface mount IC, the flasher will work like normal.

I believe that trace goes to pin 7 of the IC. But, my memory sucks. If you get the circuit board out and can post a close up picture of it, I can tell you exactly where to cut.

Good luck!