Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
Went for a ride with Deer Slayer yesterday so we could compare exhaust systems. My setup is Torq Master Daytona's without baffles and no crossover mods. DS is sportin' a drilled-out OEM exhaust with a perforated disc welded in the crossover pipe. First of all, DS's bike is LOUD, probably due to overdoing it on the drilling. It sounds great, has a deep rumble, but generates too much noise for either of us going down the road. I could barely hear my Daytona's by comparison and they're not exactly what you would call quiet. Anyway, we did a 5th gear roll-on comparison and he was slightly faster which suggests that modding the crossover pipe wasn't a bad thing. Also, his mpg during our 200 mile or so run was about the same as before the crossover mod so again, no harm done. Based on these results, we will be doing the crossover mod on my bike the first chance we get.
Hornblower I believe the home fried chicken will have to be attacked again. Twas very good. I removed the loud ass mufflers an reinstalled my front plate drilled Honda units. To me it has a nice sound above stock and you can hear the music on helmet ear phones. Thats all folkes.